Friday, November 5, 2010

Christmas Gift Tutorial Roundup - Elementary Aged Children

Nintendo DS Cases

There probably isn't a hotter gift item for kids in this age group than the DS.  It is a must have.  So, whether you are crafting for a boy or a girl, a DS case would make a great gift. 

This drawstring case from Mariska is one of the simplest ideas for a case I have seen.  It makes me want to make a few for my upcoming craft shows.

Notice the little pocket in back for the games.  Check out the DS case tutorial here.



This is another great Nintendo DS case tutorial from Kender Crafts.  Plus, her blog is awesome.  I didn't see an idea on there I didn't like. 

I Spy Bags
This is also from Kender Crafts, but you can find the tutorials everywhere.

I Spy stuff is huge with this age group as well.  One word to the wise, Lisa & I tried these and I just could not a get a product that I wanted to sell, but for gift giving, they were fine.  The plastic pellets can be pricey, so bring a coupon.  Kamille plays with her monster I Spy bag every time she comes across it in her toys.  Find the I Spy Bag Tutorial here.

Tool Belt
This is a great tutorial because you could make it into so many things, a garden apron, art smock, etc.

Check it out over at Seven Little Monkeys.

Fabric House Tutorial
The reason I didn't call this a doll house is that with some fabric selection it can go boy or girl.  Try a safari/jungle look for zhu zhu pets or to keep all of those annoying little pop up pets in.


Lunch Bags
This is a cute pattern for a fun and fast lunch sack.  You can also check out my tutorial on the Busy Beaver Lunch Sack.




Tissue Holder


This is another cute little idea.  I doubt you need a tutorial to make it.  Add a loop to hand from the backpack. 

Back Pack Doo Dads
Now the Sesame Street kind might be too babyish for elementary, but this tutorial was TOO cute to pass by without sharing.

Check out the tutorial over at Craft Passion.
Headband Tutorial

This ribbon headband tutorial seems too simple, but there is a great hint involved that is worth checking out. 

Tutorial from Chocolate on my Cranium.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...