Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tween Girl Christmas Gift Ideas & Tutorials

Arm and Leg Warmers

I've been meaning to do this tutorial myself for some time now but I never seem to be able to get around to it.  Basically, you are cutting off the foot of a pair of socks.  You can then make arm or leg warmers.  This is a really easy and cheap no sew gift to give.  I would also recommend cutting a little slit for the thumb to go through.  She didn't do that here, but that is what the kids want.

This great tutorial is from Brassy Apple.

Easy Fringe Fleece Scarf - School Colors
This is a really cute project and so easy to make.  Lisa and I just made a dozen of these in about 1 hour the other night for our shows.  This fleece scarf tutorial is from Make and Takes.

Memo Board
I thought that this tutorial was just great for a teen or tween.  It combines so many things they love, photos, messages, etc.


Check out the full memo board tutorial at Sew Dang Cute.

Mini Photo Album

For a tween I would substitute cds rather the vinyl albums, but the idea is really cute.  Scrapbook Crazy is really one of my all time top 10 craft blogs.   Especially if you love mini albums.


I would love to see more ideas.  This is such a hard age to make for.  Thus the name tween.  But there are a few great ideas here to get you started.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...