<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://www.clickcutcreate.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
IndiPatterns: Serger Thread on Sewing Machine

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Serger Thread on Sewing Machine

 Sewing Hack

I love to use serger thread for many of my projects.  Let's face it, serger thread is cheap.  The giant spool is $2.00.  You can put it on you standard sewing machine with one simple trick.  Slide the serger thread over a small spool.  You can see below that I have a used standard thread spool on the machine.  I put the serger spool on it.   Works like a top.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 25, 2014 at 4:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used serger thread in my machine and it filled it with lint. The reason it is cheaper is because it is not as strong. A serger uses 2-3 threads so strength isnt an issue.

 
At July 26, 2015 at 6:51 AM , Blogger boutiqueit said...

I agree, but when you are sewing something like doll clothes or shorts for a toddler that are only going to be worn a few times, I don't see any reason not to use less expensive thread. I don't use it to make garments for myself. Plus, I clean my machine regularly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home