Thursday, October 28, 2010

Scrapbook Altered Vintage Lunch Trays

A while back I picked up about 50 of these square metal lunch trays.  I didn't have an special plan for them, but I figured that I would be able to do something with them.  I came up with this little scrapbook project.   

First, I painted the trays because some were a little rusty.  Then, I used clear varnish to seal the paint on.  Next, I cut down the scrapbook paper to fit and cut a couple of mats.  Finally, I used prima flowers attached to magnetic strips to hold down the photos or notes.  If you wanted to make this for a locker organizer, which would make a great teen/tween gift, you could also add the self adhesive magnet strip to the back.  I actually just clipped binder clips onto the top of the frame so that it could hang on the wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...