Friday, October 29, 2010

10 Tutorials for Handmade Preschool Christmas Gifts

Memory Game

Can you say charm packs?  How great is this idea.  I know a few little people who will be getting this this year.  What a great idea.  I have always hated the paper memory games.  The pieces and small and always get lost or swept into the trash.

This tutorial is from fishsticksandfries.  Great Idea!


Car Caddy
This tutorial from handmade by jill takes a pages from the oh-so-popular crayon rolls.

This is a great idea for anytime of the year, especially little birthday parties.  Perfect for eating out entertainment. 

Felt Food Christmas Cookies

I have used this same idea for little Easter and Valentine's Day gifts.  Plus, this is a great idea for letter learning.  You could make the "cookies" in the shape of letters.  Whip up a couple of these sets for all of the little preschool friends.  It is cheap and easy.  It you don't sew, you could easily fuse or glue this together with great results. 

Elf Slippers


If you don' t think that you can make your own pattern, Lisa & I have several super easy slipper and booties patterns in the shop. 

Soft Doll Monster

I think that kids love stuffed animals in equal proportion to how much mom's despise them.  Maybe it's just me, but they have a way of taking over a room.  Yet, somehow, my kid and every kid I have ever know has in insatiable thirst for stuffed dolls.  This great tutorial is for a plush monster doll.  I'm thinking DVD + Doll = great gift for niece/nephew



Also, we have many soft doll and monster patterns in the shop for $2.95 this holiday season. 


Dress Up Tutorial
This is a nice tutorial for a simple and easy to make cape.  I don't know any kid who doesn't like dress up clothes, boy or girl.  As I am totally lazy, I would make this cape from felt or fleece and applique an initial or something for personal onto the back. 


This tutorial and more can be found at Yours 'til Niagra Falls.


Crayon Roll Tutorial

Skip to my lou has this great tutorial for making your own crayon rolls.



Felt Board Tutorial

This is a nice tutorial for making a felt board with a picture frame.  Lisa & I did a previous post so look in the archives about creating felt board pieces with your die cutter machine.



Felt Play House

This isn't really a tutorial, but you seriously should not need a tutorial to create this. 

There are so many options with these little card table play houses.  I also want to say for the record that 4 years ago, before these things became all of the rage in the crafting world, I made basically the same exact thing for my niece.  Instead of making something that goes over a card table, I made it on a hula hoop and hung it from the ceiling. 

Zhu Zhu Pet Clothes
Yes, I actually am serious.  Kamille has been asking for these since her b-day, when she got 4 pets. 


 This is a simple and fast project that can use up loads of little scraps.  Plus, if you are going to a birthday and gifting one of these little things, the kid will be thrilled to get some clothes to go along with. 

Girls in White Dresses did this tutorial.


Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...