Friday, September 17, 2010

How to Clean Your Iron

The previous post reminded me of a little trick I would like to share.  If you do melt something onto your iron, like felt or plastic (which, sad to say, happens to me all of the time), you can clean it off really easily.  Turn your iron onto the highest setting and let it really heat up.  Once it is really hot, take a few sheets of dryer sheet (I keep a cheap box of dollar store dryer sheets with my iron.).  Wad the sheets up into a ball and scrub your iron with them.  Be careful not to burn yourself, obviously, but this will remove all of the junk from your iron.  It's actually a good idea to clean your iron on a regular basis. In the grand scheme of things, not much can go wrong with your iron.  Make sure to use distilled water in the steam chamber and keep the plate clean and it should last a very long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...