Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Remaking my Diaper Cover Sewing Pattern

Since this month's theme is getting organized and setting goals, I'll share another one of my goals.  I want to remake/update most of my patterns.  For some that will only mean making new cover art samples.  But, for some of my older patterns I plan on fully remaking tutorials and pattern pieces.  I decided to start off with my baby patterns because I have a couple of babies and toddlers I can be sewing for right now.  It's part of my larger plan to "unify branding across all platforms".

So back when I first started, I had a very random name for my patterns.  After a while I realized that people thought it - was information technology.   When I first started making patterns there wasn't as much competition and the industry wasn't as sophisticated.  Here's my original cover.
 Then, about 4/5 years ago I decided to remake the cover with a more eclectic fabric mix.  I went with the white background.  It's actually really a pretty diaper cover.  But, there is nothing on the cover that brands it as mine.  I'm going to move my old pattern to my $.99 pattern category over in my craftsy shop.  It's still a great pattern and tutorial.  To purchase the Ruffled Diaper Cover Sewing Pattern click here.    
ruffle diaper cover sewing pattern
Also, my previous pattern was hand-drafted.  I actually don't mind hand drafted patterns.  I takes me back to the original way patterns were made and I often make things from ancient magazine articles where they gave you a sketch and some measurements.  
ruffle diaper cover sewing pattern
 But, I have gotten much more sophisticated in my pattern drafting and I really enjoy computer drafting my patterns now, especially for scalability.  Here is a sneak peak of the new computer drafted pattern.
diaper cover sewing pattern
Hopefully, I'll get the remade pattern in the shop this week.  I plan on adding my new logo to all my cover art and photos.  
sewing pattern logo

I'm also planning on eliminating the ruffle in the newest version.  I want to have something a bit more versatile for my favorite new thing, the cricut.  So, I'm making a plain pattern with the possibility of embroidering on the tush or using iron on vinyl from the cricut.    

If you want to check out a couple of other versions of the diaper cover, click here.  

I'll post the final product on the blog once it's complete.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

All photos and projects displayed on this blog are the copyright of Lisa Lamb & Sarah Cross. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us

About Me

Recent

recentposts

Random

randomposts