Monday, May 30, 2016

Steampunk cosplay Airship captain and pirate costume

I've always loved sewing and especially Halloween costumes. I also love making costumes for the Renaissance Festival. Then came the steampunk festivals. Now I'm super into Comic Cons. I've been working my keister off on all sorts of new cosplay costumes and accessories for my Etsy shop and just for fun. This is my newest set. My daughter's an Airship captain and my niece is an Airship pirate. They were so happy.

I really love how these turned out. And I did both outfits for under $20. I did have a lot of stuff in my stash. I am a big seamstress. The dress and pirate outfit are made out of one tablecloth I got for four bucks at Salvation Army. I bought the white suede for the gun belt. I had all the red left over from the Captain Hook Halloween costume. It was dollar a yard fabric from Wal-Mart anyway. The pirate bodice is an old tie from Salvation Army and a vintage napkin and the tablecloth. The hats are just made from felt. I've got a bunch of many hats in my Etsy shop The Fox and the Lilly. I really love how they turned out. I almost went crazy doing the embroidery. It just takes so long even with the machine. I did love the compasses and the hot air balloon embroidery on the dress. I didn't get a good photo of it but the little jacket in the pirate costume is embroidered with skulls and roses. That's really fitting since Rose is my niece's middle name. It took a few hours to antique all the guns and knives for the costumes. They could still use a little work. The pirate belt needs some adjusting but it's off to a good start.
#sewingfun #sewcreative #sewing #costumewip #foam #cosplaywip #sewinglife #indipatterns #cosplay  #airship #costume making #costumes #sewingmachine #sewalong #cosplayers #imadethis #sewsewsew #handmade #wip #handmadewithlove #sew #steampunk #isew
#idiy #iwantto #making #seamstresslife #cosplay #sewaholic #sewaddicted #costumemaking


No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...