Sunday, November 14, 2010

So Simple Monster Softee Dolls For Christmas

I recently made about 30 of these kooky little dolls for my ebay store. I wanted a simple pattern that I could whip up really quickly and that had no hand sewing. I free hand drew a pattern out onto newspaper double. Since I wanted the front to be two colors, I chopped it in 1/2 and used the 2 halves as a template for cutting. Then, I sewed up the 2 front pieces and stiched them onto the back leaving the whole top of the head open. I stuffed the dolls and then top-stiched the head shut with a decorative embroidery stich. The mouths are trim and the eyes are felt that I zig-zagged down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...