Thursday, March 5, 2020

Free Pretty Petal Bib Sewing Pattern

 I just love this free pattern.  It makes a really sweet baby shower gift because it rolls up so nicely into a flower.  It's very easy to sew and I make it with scraps or fat quarters.





Click here for the free petal bib sewing pattern.

I love patterns that use of scraps.  I actually keep my scraps in plastic shoe boxes like the ones above.  I used to keep them crammed into a bag and I never ended up using them because it was such a pain to find them.  Taking the time to organize the scraps into small bins has made a huge difference.  When I'm done with a project, I just put the scraps away right away.






This pattern uses bias tape.  If you have not used bias tape before, it's a good pattern to try it out with.  I make my own bias tape most of the time. I put a link below to the bias tape makers I use.  I used to press my tape and make it totally by hand.  What a pain! You can also use a special foot for your machine.  I typically use sewing clips and my regular foot.  Sometimes I'm just too lazy to switch out the feet. But, the bias tape foot it worth using if you plan on making several of these bibs.  You can also use premade bias tape.  I like making my own because it's less expensive and you don't have to use standard colors.  That said, if I'm in a hurry I will use some premade tape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...