Sunday, December 11, 2011

DIY Christmas Lottery Tickets


I still have not found the advent calendar yet this year, but I still have a few boxes of Christmas decorations to go through.  So, I decided to make some scratch off lottery tickets for the 12 days of Christmas as a substitute for the Advent Calendar.  Yes, it's true, I do occasionally let me kid have a $1.00 ticket and she loves them.  She likes to just have it to play with.  So, I thought that she would get a huge kick out of some scratch off tickets.  Instead of winning cash, I am having her win Christmas activities like watching a Christmas movie, having hot cocoa, and decorating ornaments. 

I started off by designing the tickets in my photo shop program with the activities I wanted.  They are just a little larger than business card size. 


You want to print them on stiff paper.  I cut down two heavy sheets of glittery embossed scrapbook paper to 8 1/2 X 11, but white cardstock would work too.  I like the scrapbook paper because then the back of the card looks nice too.
This goes without saying but print on the white side of the cardstock. 

Then, I covered each part of the ticket with the prize with clear packing tape. 

This tape keeps the paint from sticking to the paper.  A couple of strips of plain scotch tape would probably work too.  But, packing tape is just the right size and really easy.

Next, you mix up the paint.  It is 1 part dish soap to 2 parts paint.  Metallic paints work well, like silver if you wanted authentic looking tickets.  I could not find the silver paint in the craft mess so I went with holiday red and I added some glitter. 



Paint over the prize area.  I wanted to make them really festive so I added more glitter on top of the wet paint. 


Once they are totally dry, you can sut them apart.  The paint scratches right off of the tape. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...