Thursday, November 24, 2011

Fall Leaf Cookies


I've been wanting to make these fall leaf cookies since I saw them a while ago.  We got everything out to make the cookies and then low and behold in the over 200 cookie cutters we have there was no leaf to be found.  They've probably been used in the play dough table.  Well, I improvised and used grapes instead. 
 For this simple project, I just used 1 roll of premade sugar cookie dough.  Leave it out for about 20 minutes before starting so you can knead the dough.  I cut it into 4 pieces and put each piece in a ziplock bag with some food coloring.
 Kamille kneaded the coloring into each ball of dough, mess free I might add.
 Once the color was blended into the dough, I put it into the freezer for about 10 mintues just to chill it down again.
Here you can see the four colors we used.
 Next, you tear the dough into little balls and arrange them on a piece of plastic wrap or parchment.  This way you avoid a mess and you don't need to add extra flour into the dough.  Smaller balls with make a more marbled look.
 Once you have all of the dough in place, cover the sheet with more plastic wrap or parchment and roll it to about 1/4" thick.
Then you can cut out your shapes and bake as directed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...