Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to School Roundup II - Lunchbags

This is just a repost of a previous roundup involving lunch sacks that I thought I would put up for back to school. 
I have put together a roundup of a few tutorials for making lunch sacks and reusable sandwich bags.  I just made a bunch for my mom's Farmer's Market booth and also for my personal use.  It really is worth the time and effort to make these.  The snack sacks are so simple and really use up fabric from your stash.  It is worth it to take a few minutes to sew up a couple of sacks for yourself or kids.  I think that they would actually make a great gift for a 1st birthday or baby shower as well.

Tutorial Here

Sandwich Bag Tutorial Here


When I make lunch sack or sandwich bags, I like to finish them with a French Seam to keep the edges clean.  If you do not know what a French Seam is, in a nutshell, it is a way to sew a garment or purse, etc. so that there are no raw edges.  This will keep it from fraying in the wash or from getting little strings in your food in the case of a lunch or sandwich sack.  Click here for a step-by-step tutorial on how to create a French Seam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...