Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tag Blankets with Style

This idea came from a combination of the ever popular tag blanket, something my sister saw on another website, and my personal experience. I decided to create a smaller version of the tag blanket after seeing my daughter and niece pay with the big blankets. Plus, I wanted to make something that was more like a softee. I took coloring book pages and used them as templates to create these little taggie "Blankets". The faces are machine embroidered b/c I am lazy and I totally despise hand sewing. I have about 50 stitched on my machine, but you could easily make these simple faces by hand or with the zig zag (satin) stitch on you machine.

Tagimal Taggie Blanket and Softee Rattle
Tagimal Taggie Blanket and Softee Rattle
I was also inspired by the fact that the selection of adorable boy items is very limited. I made a princess crown and star rattle for girls.
I am going to be making a series of similar taggies in planes, trains, and automobiles. I will post samples when I finish.
This is a great upcycled craft. First of all, I used fleece scraps to make these and I used ribbon pieces that were so short that they were useless for most products. Plus, fleece is mostly made from recycled pop bottles so you can feel good about using it. It is durable and washes and dries well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...