I found a quick and easy crocheted treat bag pattern for free over at Crochetville. I was able to whip it up in about 20 minutes. My girls are already asking for more to use as treat bags for Barbie. These would make great favor bags for friends. Just fill with candy, close with a ribbon threaded through the hadles and voila ~ you have a super fun and easy treat for you child's friends, teachers, bus drivers, etc.
I had also considered making one for Isabella's teacher and filling it with this yummy cappuccino mix recipe that I found on All Recipes. The treat bag will hold three to four servings placed in a plastic ziplock bag and sealed. Put the mix in the treat bag and tie the directions to the candy corn with a decorative ribbon and your sure to make someone's day!
Cappuccino Mix ~ Makes 24 servings
- 1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 1 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 3/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a medium sized glass jar, combine the non-dairy creamer, chocolate drink mix, instant coffee, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
- To prepare, place 2 tablespoons mix in a mug, pour in 3/4 cup boiling water, and stir until dissolved. Serve hot.