Monday, October 25, 2010

10 Tutorials for Things to Make For Babies for Christmas Mega Post

I have Christmas crafting on the brain.  I don't really mean making ornaments, but making all of the gifts.  I try to give at least 1 handmade gift to each person on my list.  I find that even among my friends, the handmade items are more treasured than just things that I pick up. 

This mega roundup is dedicated to things for baby.  I will be doing a few roundups each week for different groups of people.  The next one will be a toddler/preschool roundup.


Free Baby Booties Pattern & Tutorial





from Just Tutorials









Personally, I like to make my burp cloths from scratch, but this tutorial is very nice.  It also occurred to me that because she uses receiving blankets, you could actually make the burp cloths to match the registry items by using receiving blankets from the registry.



Baby Blanket tutorial




BONUS 11th Tutorial


Now that you have 11 free tutorials on things to make for baby this Christmas I am going to do a little section I call

Tutorial Fusion

If you want to take these freebie patterns to a new level and make some really high end looking items, you might need to combine a couple of different techniques.

Bib + Bow

+







                          Fancy Bib


Diaper Cover + Bow





Chemo Cap Pattern + Feather Spray

If you don't want to make this, then your can purchase it from http://ifthebowfitsboutique.blogspot.com/2010/01/posh-zebra-cotton-baby-beanie-hat.html

Chemo Cap + Flower
Again, you can purchase this item if you are not into making from www.ittybittyprettybaby.com.


Chemo Cap + Iron On Applique



Baby Booties + Embellishments


These sweet booties are available at www.claudiasbowtique.com.


Baby Booties + Applique
(Try Printable Coloring Pages for Patterns)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...