Sunday, September 12, 2010

Creative Photo Display For Our Crafts

I have to admit that I am a little jealous when I see some of the really beautiful photos that other artists have of their wares.  I try to make everything look nice, but photography isn't my strong suit.  Plus, in Michigan we cannot take outside photos as often as other people.  Half of the time it's raining or snowing. 

I decided to give creating a more artful display a try for my new baby booty pattern. 

I have to take photos in one spot in my house, under a skylight in my studio or the lighting isn't right.  So, I decided that instead of just putting down some fabric, I would break out the antique linens, a cupcake stand and a beautiful painting I have.  I actually think that, at least for me, this is one of the better displays I have done for our products. 

For the close-up shots I brought a few pieces from my room out.  An old jewelry box, a vintage handkerchief, some pearls, and an antique dish.  I first tried to use a tea cup, but it just didn't look right. 
I think that these photos turned out pretty well and they really give the baby shoe pattern a keepsake feel that I wanted.  I think that I need to get some other ideas.  Lisa and I started a flickr group for creative display photos.  Check out the ideas or add some of your own.  Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...