Saturday, March 4, 2017

Hacks For Weeding T-shirt Vinyl for your Cricut


Pinch Proof St. Patrick's Day Cricut Cut File Design SVG
I've been working on a little St. Patrick's Day project for my niece.  I thought I'd share one of my favorite tricks to using the Cricut.  How to weed the iron on t-shirt vinyl.  To be honest, I'm way too cheap to buy the weeder.  I know it's only $7.00 but it will just be one more tool that gets folded up in fabric or falls behind my cutting table and gets lost.  Luckily, I have 2 tools already that do exactly the same thing.  First, a plain old pin. That's right.  I use a pin for most of my weeding.  It's sharp and I have hundreds of them.  
The pin is also great to get into really tiny areas like inside of letters. easy weeder hack for cricut

 If I'm working on something a bit larger and I want something with a handle, I use my seam ripper.  
So there you have my little hack for weeding my Cricut designs.  


St. Patrick's Day Cricut Cut File SVG Pinch Proof

If you love this Pinch Proof Design, it's available here for $.99.  There is also a 8 design lot of St. Patrick's designs as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...