Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spring Cleaning Tips and Tricks.

Sick, I know, but it is that time of year.  Now that we can finally open up all of the windows, we can finally dig in and get started with some spring cleaning.  Yes, it usually kills my back and knees (not to mention putting me in a horrible mood), but it is always worth it in the end.

Martha has a great tip about making yourself a cleaning apron.  I always end up ruining whatever shirt I clean in so this is probably a great idea for me. 
Cleaning checklists are also a good way to organize your cleaning.  I find that if I break it down room-by-room and spread the cleaning out over a week, it isn't as bad.

  Greener Cleaning Essentials

Look Ma No Patterns has this tutorial for making swiffer wet jet pads

I actually have made many of these out of fleece.  A few other suggestions if you don't really sew:

1) Cut up old t-shirts or receving blankets to use with your dry sweeper
2) Cut old cloth baby diapers in half.  They are really absorbent and work great. 

While I am on this section, I just wanted to make a note that I do not use swiffer solution.  I found that the cap would not come off, so I took a knife and stabbed a hole in the top of the bottle.  I know just refill it with water or water and vinegar.  I love the convenience, even if it does use batteries (I do use rechargeables). 

If you can sew at all, you can make these reusable swiffer duster covers.  Lisa and I have made dozens of these for craft shows.  They literally take no time to make.  You can use fleece, flannel, or old t-shirts.  Before you throw out that old flannel shirt of your husbands, turn it into something useful.


Check out our big roundup of organic cleaning tip and recipes.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, you can try to contact some cleaning services if you don't know how to clean a house. I have a meat shop and it was very big that's why I try to hired this abattoir and meat shop cleaning Melbourne and I was impressed on their job.

    ReplyDelete

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...