Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Some of My Favorite Blogs

This is a very random roundup of some of my favorite blog.  I like to check them out once or twice a week just to see what new and great stuff they have going.


Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas from SkiptoMyLou

I hadn't even thought about this one yet.  It is coming up on that time of the year.  My daughter only has about 3 weeks of preschool left and then its summer.  Plus, her teacher is retiring this year, so I want to do something extra special. 


I just love the dark and whimsical artwork of Inside a Black Apple's blog.  You can get it on etsy.  She sells the most wonderful paper dolls that were featured on Marth Stewart.


Over at I am Momma Hear Me Roar she has a new tutorial up to show you how to make your own rhinestone letters in any script you want.  Ingenious. 

I also love Vintagericrac for all of her adorable projects and little animals.

This is a little website called TasteSpotting for all of the foodies out there.  Instead of just showing you recipes, it is a visual catalogue of food that links you to blogs and recipes.  You might make something you never knew you couldn't live without.

My final entry today, and this really is a last but not least sort of a thing, is CraftHope.  Basically, the beautiful curator of this blog scours the internet for worthy charities that might benefit from the work of crafters.  Then, she organizes a project and spreads the word to get donations.  The last project really hit home with me and we organized another crafting for charity dinner to get it done.  That was safe birthing kits for the women in Haiti.  This time around, they are making bracelets for orphans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with Cork Fabric

So, I am not an expert in this - based on using it for one project.  However, I did a lot of research before buying it and watched quite a f...